Many of us have been stood up for a date at least once. While the fact it happens to many people does come a bit comforting, being stood up and handling it like a lady is a pretty darn hard. The worst part is most certainly realizing he won’t show up, but right after that, there’s the part where he calls you on the phone to apologize.
Here’s what a real, certified dating expert suggests:
6 Ways to Turn the Tables
You need to be a good actress to pull this off, so if you can, give this a go:
- Answer the phone like you are ridiculously happy, like you just realized your skinny jeans are too big! You get it – you’re in a great mood.
- If he asks what you are up to, be vague. Don’t commit to doing anything in particular. You can use one of my favorite lines if you’d like: “Oh a little bit of this, little bit of that. Don’t forget the other!” Back that statement up with a cheeky giggle and he will not ask you anything else.
- Let him apologize for cancelling at the last minute. Say you can’t talk because you are either already out or on your way out.
- Apologize for forgetting about the date all together.
- Wish him a great night out (at his parents’ house, stranded on the side of the road, or any other excuse he came up with).
- Wrap up the conversation and make sure you hang up first.
Do This No Matter What His Excuse Is
You need to seem like you’re too distracted because you have so much going on. Just wrap that conversation up. Then, like magic, the tables have turned. It’ll look like he didn’t cancel your date at the last minute. You were just too busy to even remember you had a date. Check mate!
Via Dating Advice